Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Discovering My Fingerprints

Well, I have given in
Decided to jump on the bandwagon
Started a blog

I think there are two main reasons why I want to have a blog.


1.) I want to be known
This is the reason why I believe people have blogs. We want to be known. I usually use it as somewhat of a way to poke fun at people - they have a blog because they just "want to be known." But, the truth of the matter is, we ALL want to be known. And the truth is - we were created to know, and to be known. So, I have realized, why hide the fact that I too want to be known? It's true. I just need to first and foremost make sure that I am contented in the fact that I am completely and thoroughly known by my Creator.

2.) The other reason is that I want a venue to attempt to write about who I am, in hopes of figuring out more of who I am, and who I was created to be. I want to figure out what I like - what I dislike, what I think about things....

I was realizing, I often look at other people's blogs wishing I was like them. For instance:
this girl. Something about her intruiges me so much. She has wild curly hair, she wore a scarf on her head as her veil, she wears clothes from anthropologie, and she decorates her home with things like this and of course, is all about eating organic... I spent a good amount of time last night perusing her blog, fascinated by her life, wanting to somehow enter in. Then I realized....That is SO NOT ME!! I mean....she rode into her wedding on a HORSE.....and let's be honest....if I ever tried to wear a romper, I would feel ridiculous!! I think it is fine to appreciate other styles, and be fascinated by people who are vastly different than us. But, there's a fine line between interest and envy - and I want to steer clear of any sort of envy toward a life that isn't mine.

So, I want to devote this blog to really showing a glimpse into my life - my likes and dislikes, my thoughts and opinions, maybe I'll even share bits and pieces of my heart from time to time. Learning what it means to be the woman God created me to be - not trying to put forth an image that is so far from myself, that I begin to long for a life that is not my own.

Those are my most recent thoughts.
My header is the first glimpse into something I like: European window sills :) haha, random, but I've loved them ever since my first trip to Slovenia, driving through Italy for 4 hours looking out the window and taking everything in. Also, evidently I like the "link" feature since I linked so many things in this blog :p

I think that's all for now, who knows, maybe I'll realize that I was not created to blog, and this will never get used. I guess either way, the purpose of this will be accomplished :)




2 comments:

  1. I love love love this! Here's to figuring out and celebrating and sharing who WE are and what WE like as individuals!! May we have interest and not envy of others. You are awesome. Happy blogging, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the best first blog ever. seriously.

    ReplyDelete